Servescape is a community gardening project supported by the Big Lottery Community Fund.
We provide volunteers to support older people to look after their gardens across North Northamptonshire (East Northants, Wellingborough, Kettering and Corby).
Servescape will help to improve people's gardens ensuring that it is a safe place to enjoy. Our service provides lawn mowing, hedge cutting, weeding. digging, strimming and handy-help.
Gardens will be maintained on a monthly basis (at least) during the Spring and Summer months. General handy-help services will be offered during the Autumn and Winter months. The handy-help will include installing key safes, grab rails, fence repairs along with other outdoor minor adaptations for up to a maximum of 2 hours work.
There is a small annual membership fee of £25 and an hourly charge of £10 per hour.
For more information, please contact the Servescape team on 01933 315555
To access our Servescape project, one of the criteria below must be met:
Our volunteer gardener/handy helpers are able to offer assistance and support to enable older people to enjoy their gardens once more. This may be achieved by working as part of a team and utilising basic garden skills.
- Being available to volunteer for a minimum of one hour a week
- Building a sensitive and caring relationship with the service user
- Spending time restoring their gardens to a standard that they would have done themselves if they were able
- Being understanding rather than judgmental about a service users situation or circumstances
- Respecting the confidentiality of service users at all times
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate boundaries
- Attending induction training and participation in ongoing training activities/networking meetings
- Respecting differently cultural values and working in a non-discriminatory manner
- Meeting the Servescape coordinator for feedback and support
- Informing the Servescape coordinator of any concerns about the service user
If you you would like to make a positive difference in the community and help older people enjoy their gardens again then please get in contact with us. Contact information on the poster.
You can download an application form below.